Thursday, September 3, 2009

I didn't think you were lying...

I was just hoping.

A week ago Tuesday (Aug. 25) was my 50th birthday. I was whisked away on a winetasting adventure by my wonderful husband, and surprised by several of our friends, Lynne and Don, Kent and Becki, and Anne and Allen. I knew something was up, but all I knew was that we were going somewhere with Lynne and Don, and the name "Canada" had come up several times.

We ended up in Walla Walla at the historic Marcus Whitman Hotel. We tasted some of the most amazing wines to come out of this country. We laughed and laughed, drank and ate. The best part, of course, was spending time with the great friends who accompanied us. 

Kent kept track of the funny things we said over the course of the trip. Here are some of my printable favorites:

Ali (on Chardonnay):  "Last night I though I had enough."
 
Kevin:  "I've never been to Walla Walla."
Kent:  "I was once...but I was drunk."

Ali:  "I LOVE menopause..."
 
Lynne, talking about the Marcus Whitman Hotel:  "Back when it (the hotel) was old..."

Ali, on Kevin eating crab (Kevin is allergic):  ".....because he WON'T die, and he WILL throw up all night."

Ali, on another surprise:  "OH!!!   Oh, I've been saying that a lot...."

Lynnie, on Kevin's struggles to find a restroom at the Marcus Whitman:  "Oh, I'm sorry, Kevin.  I thought you were an idiot."

Bec, one cool morning:  "I think I'm getting a bit chilly."
Ali:  "Well then, just have a hot flash."
Lynne:  "Here, have a sip of my wine.  That should push you over the edge."

Bec:  "If you can't wait in Waitsburg, where can you wait?"

Waitress at Patit Creek Restaurant, to Allan:  "Salad dressing?"
Allen:  "Yes, please."

Kent, on breakfast at the Marcus Whitman:  "There was no pineapple on the fruit plate when I was at breakfast at the crack of dawn."
Lynne:  "I see the crack of Don every morning."

Anne:  "I wish I had me skimpy jammies on."

Lynne:  "I am officially not going to worry and stress out about this work project today."
Don:  "Then officially shut up about it...."

Ali:  "OK, now I'm ready for bed.  (Pause).  Oh God, it's only 8:30...."

Here is a sampling of our trip in photos:










Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pix and quotes - way too funny! Sorry I wasn't there in body, but I was in spirit. I'm glad you had a good time!!! And we will continue the celebration in November!!