Friday, April 30, 2010

Popeye's paradise

I love my new raised bed that Kevin and I put in last fall. I planted it too late in October to harvest anything, but the spinach that came up stayed all winter to burst on the scene for an early harvest this spring. I have been so enjoying going out every day to pick scrumptuous leaves for my sandwiches and salads.

I had to replant the kale, collards, swiss chard, and lettuce. I also planted radishes and snow peas and cilantro... all the cool weather crops in a cool place in the yard. Everything is coming up and promises more yummy harvests throughout the season.

Mmmmm spinach!

3 comments:

Nan said...

Mary Jane Butters has nothing on you! Great shots and promises of a healthy, yummy summer!

Pond Liners said...

Seed sowing is the first step towards gardening. Gardening is a beautiful habit and hobby to follow as it gives content to the heart and peace to the mind. Even I have a small garden in my backyard but it is a pond garden.

Jeannette said...

Looks like you'll have spinach in the morning, spinach in the evening, spinach at supper time...or maybe you have neighbors or a goat? Or will you blanch and freeze it? Spinach successfully overwhelms me...but it is in my soup and sauces and baked in eggs and....maybe you have some good recipes?