Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Boyds in Richmond

My brother, Charlie, and his clan live just outside of Richmond an area rich in American history. (Actually most of Virginia is full of history. Everywhere you look is another historical site.) 

Charlie's youngest, Sawyer, looks just like Charlie did as a kid. Their oldest, David, has the coolest hairdo. I told him his hair looks a lot like mine did when I was in high school (which I am not sure excited him a lot). He is an aspiring rock musician, and played the drums for me. Sam is taking guitar lessons and showed me his electric guitar skills.

Charlie's wife, Alison, is such a sweetie. In addition to everything else she does, she is part of an organization that pairs neglected and abandoned horses with challenged and troubled children in an effort to heal both. We went to visit the newest addition to their stables, this little pony who I think they named Blossom.

Sam is raising chickens. He and his dad are building a chicken coop in the backyard and these hens will be ready to move in next week. Sam's favorite chicken has a very wierd distorted beak. I loved telling the boys the stories of our chicken coop when we were kids. They get to hear their dad's version, and then mine. I am the oldest, so of course I remember more. And they never know when I am embellishing the tales. In fact, I am not always sure anymore. I just like to tell a great story.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hi ali...I loved the pictures and the blog about your trip! The chickens have moved out to the coop, successfully...excpet the one with a crooked beak is not doing to well..I hope he makes it! Blossom is doing great too. We loved your visit and wanted to tell yu what an awesome, loving and genuine person you are, besides being a great aunt, sister and sister in law!!!

Love
Alison