Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring in Virginia

I always get a little nostalgic on the final descent of the plane I am on as it prepares to land at Dulles Airport, just a 30-minute drive from my old neighborhood where my sister now lives. As soon as I catch the Virginia scent, it sends me right back to my childhood creating a warm and comforting spot inside me. I always feel like I am coming home. That seems strange when you consider that July 19 this year marks 30 years of living in Idaho. But I think I have said before that you just cannot take the Virginia out of this girl.

My sister and her husband just last week moved back into the home they had completely renovated. It is gorgeous! I am happily sitting in the kitchen at this enormous center island. The smell of fresh paint still lingers, and I am watching the workers outside through the kitchen window. Sam has been dreaming of this kitchen for a long time, and it is pretty much exactly what I expected after listening to her plan for all these years. I will post photos tomorrow. Today I am just enjoying being here.

No comments: