Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rainy Portland

If you choose to live in the Pacific Northwest, you probably should get used to rain.

Portland is a beautiful city. I have been coming here on occasion since my friend Cheryl moved here a couple of years ago. We discovered Portland together. It is a very eclectic, dynamic city with a great public transportation system, and tons of galleries, art museums, and cause-driven organizations to keep anyone who has an ounce of civic-mindedness busy.

We discovered the Mercy Corps Action Center today in downtown Portland. I encourage you to visit this website and peer into what we all can be doing to make a difference in our world.

Cheryl flew me to visit her for my birthday present. We have been having a grand time eating, drinking wine, and walking everywhere.

I found this quote on the PSU campus, a walkway dedicated to women. I think it speaks volumes about me (thank you Mae West)!

If you can't read it: "When caught between two evils, I generally like to take the one I never tried."

1 comment:

Nan said...

A woman after my own heart! I am glad you are having a wonderful time! You definitely are having a very long birthday celebration! As it should be, it was a very special one for a very special lady.