Saturday, October 3, 2009

This and that

Today is our 11th anniversary. Kevin is sick and sleeping. I am trying to keep myself occupied on this fairly dreary day. So I have gone out and harvested as many ripe tomatoes, peppers, acorn squash, and butternut squash that I could find. I did find one strawberry... I popped it in my mouth within an instant of finding it, and I am sure it was the best, sweetest strawberry I have ever had!

I booked Maegan's flights home today, too. She decided not to do a whole year, but one semester as all of the other australearn students are doing. She is set to arrive home on December 2. I cannot wait!

Conor will be home, too. He is bringing his friend, Chris, with him to snowboard in powder, apparently something they don't have down under. They will both be here for Christmas.

Byron's flights are booked for a whole week around the holidays.

So what was looking at one time like a bleak and joyless Christmas is now turning into a full-family festive affair... just the kind I love! I am excited, almost to the point of getting out our Christmas ornaments, but am resisting because I am sure Kevin would have a cow. So I am off to look for Halloween decorations. That will probably be my post tomorrow.

The sun is just coming out for awhile... gotta go enjoy it while it is still there.

1 comment:

Nan said...

I somehow commented on the wrong post...not that it mattered much, but I was especially enamored with the photo of the veggies in the basket! Also I wanted to wish you and your hubby Happy Anniversary, although it looks as if you two probably postponed the celebration until Kevin felt better. May the next...how many ever years, be doubly as wonderful as the first how many ever years!