Monday, December 29, 2008

As opposed to green...

Idaho is all white. It is as if a large, thick blanket has covered us up. I am watching these big, fat snowflakes falling outside my window re-covering the weeping willow that had been washed clean by the rain yesterday.

Yes, we had rain all day yesterday. Maegan and I went out to scrape the driveway clean of the heavy, wet snow and ice so that when it froze again last night, we wouldn't have an instant ice rink.

With all the talk about going south for the winter, the snow this year reminds me how much I love it. Except when it gets wet and messy then freezes solid. But when it stays cold, it is truly a white winter wonderland.

I have no doubt I will be sick of it soon enough and start my whining about heading south to Florida again. But today, I am just enjoying its silent and unpretentious beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you, I will always love the snow, it makes what would otherwise be a drab, lifeless winter, absolutely beautiful!!!