Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fifty years young...

My good friend was born fifty years ago today. She doesn't look much over thirty to me... but then neither do I. 
We met up today while shopping and had a cup of coffee together. It was all I could do not to stand up in Starbucks and make the general announcement that we were celebrating her today. 1. I didn't want to embarrass her, and 2. I wasn't sure that the folks in the Target Starbucks would be as excited as I was... so I managed to refrain (which I know is going to surprise a few people reading this).

Tonight, we are going out to dinner at her favorite restaurant (which just happens to be one of my favorites, too)... Chef in the Forest, out on Hauser Lake. One of these days I will post why it is my fav, but today this is all about Lynne.

Last week we had a surprise birthday party for her. I think she really enjoyed herself and all the attention from her millions of girlfriends. To know Lynne is to love her... Anyway, I sent out a questionaire to everyone, and here are some highlights:

"The funniest thing I ever saw Lynne do was watching her eat crab with the crab butter dripping down her chin."

"The dumbest thing I ever saw Lynne do was when she does the Lizard!"

"My favorite thing about Lynne is that she is always smiling and laughing."

"My most memorable time with Lynne was when we were sipping champagne in the castle in Ireland on Halloween."

If you are reading this and have a glass of something handy, raise your glass to fun-loving, charming, loyal, generous, happy-go-lucky, good-friend Lynne. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy happy, Lynne! I hope the party last week was a surprise, after all - sorry I missed it! I will wear a hat in your honor tonight.....give her a hug for me the next time you see her, Alicat! And yay you for all of the party organizing! Enjoy dinner...funny that you have 35" of snow and everything goes on as normal, and Boston has 6" and the whole city shuts down....