Friday, June 12, 2009

Honest Blogger award

I was recently honored with the Honest Blogger award by my friend and co-blogger, Beth, who happens to be an awesome writer. 

My task now is to write 10 honest things about myself, and then pass on the award. So, here goes:

1. I have a short attention span. I often will call someone, and while I wait for them to answer, I forget who I have called.

2. I process information slowly. I am pretty sure I got this trait from my dad. When listening to folks, I can only take in so much information at a time. If the person I am listening to goes on too long, I mentally check out. Most of my friends seems to recognize this, and when they see my eyes glaze over, change the subject.

3. My favorite time of day is the early morning. I am my most creative from about 1 a.m. to about noon. Once I get going, I can be very productive all day, but I cannot start my day late and get a lot done.

4. My favorite month is September. I do love August, because that is the month I was born, and I do celebrate myself all month long, but just for the beauty of a month, I love September. The nights start to get cool. The days are beautiful. The tourists leave, and you can drive in downtown Coeur d'Alene without getting pissed off at some bozo from somewhere else.

5. I love my husband. He drives me crazy a lot, but he is a good man.

6. I love my children and am so proud of the amazing people they are becoming.

7. I hate an unmade bed. I even make my bed when I am at a hotel. So if you are ever at my house and see my bed unmade, you know I am indulging in the ultimate laziness for me.

8. I was not very nice to our dog, Jack, for too many years, but am trying to make up for it now since we got Rylee.

9. I am an aggressive driver, and get really vocal in the car sometimes when I am behind an idiot... another trait that reminds me of my dad.

10. I am a wine snob... very picky about the whites I drink. I love a buttery, smooth, oakey chardonnay. When it comes to reds, I am more adventurous.

11. I know, I am adding one more, but this one is important: I will be 50 this year. I have been noticing other folks who are turning 50 this year, and I am pretty sure I look younger than all of them.

And then, drum roll please, I would like to honor my friend, Nancy, with the Honest Blogger award. Her blog is full of wonderful photos, and I think she is pretty dang honest. You can check it out at her blog spot.

Thanks to Beth for this honor. I have to go make my bed.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh my! This is an unexpected honor and I am guessing, an interesting challenge! Thank you so much...I think! :D Can't wait to see what I say and how much trouble I get myself into!