Monday, June 8, 2009

A little rain, a lot of blooms

As summer approaches, I am struck by how unusually nice spring has been once it finally decided to arrive. The last two weeks have been warm, green, and delightful for anyone who loves to be outside. Our temperatures have exceeded the norm, and the flora is bounding to life, growing amazingly fast (including the grass that we have mowed already about 6 times).

My garden this year is already bountiful, and it is only early June. I have harvested radishes, kale, collards, tons and tons of lettuce, swiss chard, and snow peas. Everything looks so healthy and hearty.

Today's rain is welcome. Not just by the thirsty plants outside, but by me who has spent so much time outdoors in the sunshine, I haven't gotten enough work done inside. 

No comments: