Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

As I sit here watching yet another snow storm move in, I am laughing at the response in the editorial section of the paper to another whine about all the snow: "It's winter. Get over it!"

We are expecting another 7 or so inches of snow today. I went out yesterday to put the compost in the bin, and couldn't get the lid off the bin because of all the snow packed on it. There is so much snow, I can barely even make it to the bin, so digging it out will be a challenge today. That's okay... I see it as good exercise. 

Speaking of good exercise and the new year... it is time to make that resolution: to eat better and exercise more often. No diets. They never seem to work. I know what I should and shouldn't be eating (or drinking for that matter). My resolution is to drink less wine this year... that should remove a few pounds all by itself.

We celebrated the close of 2008 at our favorite little martini bar, 315 martini & tapas at the Greenbriar Inn in Coeur d'Alene with some of our good friends. We had a great time, but were home by 11 and asleep when the new year rang in. Oh well. We got our new year's kisses this morning. I am good with that.

No comments: