Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Wine Cellar

So, of course, every winemaker needs a wine cellar. We have the perfect spot in a back bonus room in our basement. It stays very cool, and was a long, narrow room... perfect for closing off one end. 

Kevin has a cool, hidden door planned. He is building a cabinet door that will actually have little wine glass holders and a little shelf. It will look like a cabinet built into the wall, but will open into the wine cellar. I guess he is afraid that people will come into our house, go down to our basement, and steal our wine. Oops... I guess the secret is out!

Since I had the camera and fisheye lens out, I thought I would take a photo of our beautiful kitchen. Kevin's work, also, with the help of a couple of our friends. I LOVE our kitchen... just thought I would show it off today.

So, now we just have to plan the wine tasting event...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me homesick! I wish I was in that warm kitchen tasting those great Rogue Bro. wines!!

Anonymous said...

Nice wine room! And the shots of your kitchen show off the wonderful coloring and how warm and inviting your kitchen is!