Saturday, November 22, 2008

The close of day

The sky is brilliant tonight signaling the gorgeous end to a really beautiful day. Today was crisp and mostly clear. We went out to the now indoor farmer's market in town this morning, and drove around running some errands. People were everywhere with big grins on their faces... there is just something about that ole' sunshine that lightens folks up.

We made a quick trip to Costco to load up in anticipation of the arrival of all the kids... I am so looking forward to tonight... my favorite of nights when I know all the kids are home in their beds. I can only describe my contentment as that. With them off on their own adventures, I seem to appreciate the times they are home so much more.

Thanksgiving is the holiday my family seems to love the best. There is no pressure to purchase gifts... or entertain at all. It is just a time to be together with family and friends, share, and be thankful for all we have. I am thankful for this day and this beautiful end to it.

No comments: