Saturday, November 1, 2008

Homemade enchilada soup

The other day, Becki and I were at Costco, and a man was demonstrating the VitaMix. Having basically only used mine for smoothies, I was fascinated to see all the creations one could make in it, and we stood and watched for about 15 minutes while this guy made smoothies, soup, fruit sorbet as creamy as ice cream (and done in less than 5 minutes), and margaritas with fresh, whole limes (no tequila unfortunately). I learned a lot, and Becki bought me the dry blender attachment so I can grind my own flour.

Anyway, I just made the absolute best enchilada soup I have ever had in just 10 minutes (it would have been shorter, but I had to cook the brown rice I added). It has kale and cilantro from my garden, a half a carrot, a tomato, 1/2 of a purple pepper we got at the farmer's market last week, garlic, onion, and a few black bean chips. Oh man, I am going back for more! I LOVE this machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sure looked yummy! They always make it look easy on the infomercials and at the Fair, it's nice to know it really is!