Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I just want to celebrate!

I don't think it is any secret to anyone who knows me that I am an Obama supporter. There was a time when there were only about 10 democrats in the entire state, but that is no longer the case. And although Idaho was one of the red states, he still made a good showing here. Last night was a pretty exciting election.

I think Mr. Obama is, and will prove to be, a great man. If I had the chance to talk to him, after the congratulations, I would caution him not to let all this go to his head. Great men have made stupid choices because they started to believe they had the power. We have seen it happen before.

Thank you Mr. McCain for that gracious speech last night, showing us again why this was a tough race.

Mr. Obama, I have hope that you will unite this country and hold fast to the ideals that you inspired me with. I think today is a new day for all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Ali. And ditto. I was going to call you last night, but thought it might be too late. Wish I had known there was a party downtown - I would have been there, instead of dancing alone in my little house.

I'm hopeful today....

Anonymous said...

Wooo! Utah was MUCH less excited about the situation, and my co-workers (males!!) just can't understand why I would have not voted for Palin. After all, she's a WOMAN. Whatever.

PS, saw Byron yesterday!