Sunday, July 5, 2009

Conor in New Zealand

I pulled these photos off of Conor's myspace page.

Yesterday he celebrated his 21st birthday, even though it is really today, but it was today yesterday for him! :)

Happy Birthday Conor!

Conor is rooming with 3 other guys in a backpacker's hostel: Steven is Irish, Paul is English, and Peter is a native New Zealander. They took Conor out for his birthday last night.

I was so happy to chat with Conor yesterday online. We couldn't get a video, but since his buddies were still sleeping, it was just as well. I just really needed to connect with him and make sure he was okay. I knew he would make friends fast. This is the view from his porch. Those are the "Remarkables" in the background. Gorgeous country, eh? Even at night.

Conor said the snowboarding is really amazing!

He starts his classes later this month which is giving him time to get his bearings, make friends, look for a job, etc.

I am fixin' to go visit the kids this winter, anyone want to go with me?


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow! I don't think I would want to leave if I went there! Do you think the kids would mind if you linked their sites on yours so we could follow their adventures?