Thursday, July 2, 2009

Yesterday was a long day

I finally got the calls last night that the kids had made it safely to their destinations. Whew. I was online all day checking the flight status of each flight. Air Pacific doesn't have a site that gives up-to-date information, so it was very confusing as to where Conor actually was in the world. One site even reported that his flight was cancelled! Okay, a little panic there. I finally called the airline, and they confirmed his flights had arrived safely everywhere. 

Conor finally called from Auckland, and then again late last night from Queenstown. He is staying at a backpacker's inn that has free wi-fi, so we should be able to skype each other. His comment about New Zealand was "it is so ridiculously beautiful!"

Maegan called from Sydney, but just to say she was there and had to go run and catch her flight to Cairns. She called from Cairns later to say she was safe. I could tell she was SOOOOO excited. It was hard to get her to talk to me. She obviously made friends on the trip. They will all be at the Great Barrier Reef for three days for orientation. She then heads down to Hobart.

With the price of calls so high, I haven't gotten much else from them. As soon as they can get online and we can Skype, I will find out much more. Meanwhile, I am having a hard time getting to work because I am constantly thinking about them. Sigh...

No comments: