Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Home again, naturally

It is always nice to crawl into your own bed, even after the most amazing adventure/vacation. Anyone who hasn't been to the Napa Valley in California should plan a trip there at some point. It is really lovely. I recommend those of us from Idaho going in the spring for two reasons: 1. The weather is warm and generally not too hot, and 2. the weather here in Idaho isn't.

Our adventures included some amazing wine tasting, some of which I don't remember too well. We had a couple of not-so-into champagne drinkers at our first stop on our wine tasting tour on Sunday. They were very polite, and had a sip, and then poured the rest of their champagne in my glass to finish, knowing that I would never condone pouring it out. So I got 3 glasses for every 1 poured. There were some really nice champagnes, and had that been our one and only stop for the day, all would have been well. But, alas, we hit 5 more wineries that day, and I am ever the trooper.

Needless to say, I am on the verge of entering rehab, and carefully planning my diet this week to try to purge my body of delicious poisons.

1 comment:

Brancy said...

Oh, I really love that shot, I can just imagine sitting on an old adirondack chair, with a straw hat, sipping wine and enjoying the view....