Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring Tease

Well, we are definitely back in Idaho where between sun and a trace of warmth we are having snow storms. We had a 20 minute whiteout at lunchtime... then it just looked like we had a brief rain shower... the ground just slightly wet. This place is so wierd.

But the daffodils and tulips are up, and fiercely fighting for their moment of glory. I admire their conviction, even as the sun just flits in and out.

My friend, Nancy, gave me a little gift yesterday—a pewter bear with a Heart and Idaho on its tummy. I guess I have been giving the impression that I don't like it here. I do. I love living in North Idaho. And I normally love spring here. I would love to hear from anyone who isn't challenged and sick of the spring we are having this year.

Just give me a sunny afternoon where I can go to my neighbor's house and have a drink with her on her front porch. It is our annual tradition, and we are jonesin' for a sunny afternoon, warm enough to sit on a cold, concrete step and enjoy this gorgeous place we live!

No comments: