Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hump Day

After a wierd but brief snowstorm this morning, the sun is out and the forecast is favorable. I am looking forward to a nice weekend already. Pretty soon Kevin will have his outdoor bbq finished and we can be happily sitting outside on our patio where we love to spend our entire summer pretty much. 

There are a lot of new plants I put in our landscape last fall. It will be fun to see what they look like when they finally have the opportunity to grow.These bamboo I planted last spring, and they are supposed to get to 8 feet, but last year they were only about 12 inches max. They never lost their green leaves though, and they were one of the few pretty things poking through the snow (when they could).

The grass is getting greener, and filling in where the snow caused it to die back. Everything in the yard is covered with little buds getting ready to pop. I love the way the weeping willow looks with a light green aura to its hanging branches. That poor tree is so gnarled and mis-shaped from not enough water in the summer for several years. But when those leaves are fully on, it disguises itself, like a woman with wildly long hair.

It has been a long wait through this eternal winter, but I think the sun is finally on the horizon.

2 comments:

Brancy said...

According to Cliff Harris, you are right...no more snow (can you hear me knocking on wood?) I emptied my patio pots of last years dead annuals and soil and stand ready to buy more at the first sign of no more freezes...I stand ready, but I am not holding my breath or putting money on when!

alicat said...

I bought cool weather crop seeds to plant early this spring so I could harvest some yummy collard greens and lettuce and kale. And even though I technically could plant them, it just doesn't seem right. Not yet, anyway. But soon...