Monday, April 28, 2008

Up, Up, and Away

What a gorgeous view we had of the whole Napa Valley from up high. Unfortunately, I grabbed the wrong lens... I took the ultra zoom lens instead of my wide angle. But I am not entirely unhappy with the shots I was able to get.

The Napa Valley is really beautiful. From a 2,000 foot perspective, I was able to get a much better feel for the whole valley. My favorite part was how quietly we floated overhead (other than the occasional blast of hot air to keep afloat). I expected to be nervous, but other than being a little tense at our landing, I was quite comfortable.

The most fun we had was crash landing in a small vineyard. I was so ready to go up and do it again.

Check out my deviant site tomorrow and see some of the other shots I got from up high... in fact, I will be posting as many good shots as I have from the Napa Valley.

2 comments:

Brancy said...

Well, if I had read your blog I would have known! Great idea and what an exceptional photo op! I love the one with the shadown on the vines, great idea!

alicat said...

Yes, it would have been even better had I chosen the right lens to take on the trip. Sigh...