Thursday, October 23, 2008

You will just have to visualize this one...

I stupidly opted not to bring my camera on what proved to be an absolutely gorgeous walk around Tubbs Hill yesterday. I hope not to make that mistake again. 

I walked with Melanie around Tubbs Hill, a beautiful, relatively untouched natural hill on the lake in Coeur d'Alene. I tried to go online to find a good photo and info on it, and while I found plenty of information, I couldn't find a good photo. I guess everyone else forgot their cameras, too.

So I will just try to describe the amazing feeling of sitting in the sun talking to Melanie about life on a rock overlooking the lake with crystal-clear water below us, and the bluest of blue fall skies above... no clouds. Warm, but not too warm. The trees on the hill behind us in various colors of red, orange, yellow, or brown. There was one part of the trail where the trees bowed overhead, and the yellow leaves had fallen on the path making a golden trail for us to follow.

We bounced on the suspended bridge... I almost pee-d my pants. We hiked up and down to the point where I wasn't sure where I was anymore. I have been on this hill before, but it has been awhile... and even I had not been to some of the places we went.

If you are ever in Coeur d'Alene and like walking at all, you must traipse around this gorgeous little piece of paradise stuck in the middle of a cool little town.

No comments: