Friday, August 22, 2008

An interesting day

I was surprised today by how emotional I got when it came time to check Miss Maegan into her dorm. I had to leave and let her do it herself, because I was very close to losing it and embarrassing her as well as myself.

I don't know where that all came from. I have been feeling really excited about her new adventure at school, and this little episode completely blind-sided me.

But when it came time to actually moving her in, I had recomposed and all went well. Byron and I left her to fix up her room and visited her again later in the afternoon, and she had it all set up.









Byron and I decided it was a good time to go chill and have a beer together in downtown Boise. He is excited because he and his friend, Tyler, found a really nice place to rent very close to campus that is comfortable and more his style. We went to see it after we had dinner with Maegan on campus. He and his buddy are moving in tonight. I wish I could see it all set up. That'll be next trip, which I don't imagine will be all too long away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy I know how you feel, I still remember how I felt when my oldest moved out. There was a country western song about her daughter moving out on the radio at the time, can't even remember what it was, but it made me cry everytime. Doesn't matter how old they get, they are still your babies.