Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My mother's diamond jubilee

This is my favorite photo of me and my mother. It lives on my refrigerator. We were sitting on my sister's front porch about 12 years ago. I like it because it is one of the few photos that people actually comment on how much we look alike. Mostly people think I look like my dad (whoo hoo!).

Today is another great birthday. Most of the women in my family were born in August. Today is my mother's 75th birthday. Doesn't she look  lot younger? She is in great health... has always taken good care of herself. She taught all of us (and still is) about good healthy foods, exercise, and passion for living.

My mom grew up in Richmond, Virgina on Northumberland Drive. We used to visit there a lot when I was growing up. She married my dad, and had me in 1959. I love that photo of her and I when I was just a couple of months old.

Now she and her husband, Don, live just outside of Philadelphia in a cool little house in Chester Springs. I would have really liked to have surprised her with a visit today. Sigh...

Our family, and with the help of a few friends, made mom a movie for her birthday. It is so stupid it is funny, and we had fun thinking about her the whole day that we took to make it.

So mom, I hope you had a GREAT DAY celebrating. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely tribute. I love the whole video..(except where Jill
s face is hidden in a bag and her story isn't audible. Lynn's story and the kids..the whole video just cracked Don and I up.
Love,
AIDA (no last name)