Monday, September 22, 2008

The Autumn Curtain Falls

The fall equinox has come. Our forecast for today is more rain, although I see plenty of blue sky peeking through those white clouds. Our weatherman predicts freezing temperatures tonight, so I plan on bringing in the potted plants I intend to keep over winter. And this is a photo of the last harvest from the garden, unless by some miracle my kale is still there when we get back from Florida.

The leaves on the maple in the front yard are just beginning to turn yellow, as is the weeping willow in the back. And after yesterday's soaking rain, everything is looking perky. 

So it is with a mixed heart that I welcome Fall and say so long to the shortest summer I can remember in recent years that was preceded by the wierdest spring I ever remember.

No comments: