Saturday, September 27, 2008

A visit with Steve

Beth's father, Steve, is one of the nicest people I know. We had a nice visit with him at the nursing home he lives in. Unfortunately, Steve's memory has fallen victim to alzheimer's. He doesn't remember me, but he is so kind, he smiles and is glad to see me. He doesn't remember that we share a birthday, or that he has been to my home in Idaho several times, but I am sure to remind him.

Beth is really great with him. She laughs with him, even though sometimes he thinks she is Aunt Rita. 

We took him outside where we could visit without all the other residents interruptions. And he was at the top of his game: he danced and sang for us, told us things that I couldn't quite understand, and generally just enjoyed a few moments with people who were familiar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great to see pics of Steve and know he is safe and happy..he is a dear, dear man. Give Beth (and Scott) our love.