Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend at camp

You just have to love a camp that has martini-making as one of its workshops.

Camp 4-Echoes, a girl scout camp on the southern end of Lake Coeur d'Alene, hosted a womens' campout as a fundraiser for the Girl Scouts of the Inland Northwest. I was excited to participate.

I signed up for the plate-painting class, skipped the scrapbooking class to go canoeing with Cindy, wore myself out hiking around the woods on a digital camera scavenger hunt, ate myself silly with all the food available, played bunco with a bunch of women who all had a different idea of how to play the game, and probably haven't laughed that hard and long in forever.

Women have such a wonderful way of bonding with each other. This little gathering of about 70 was a brilliant fundraising idea. This was one well-organized and nicely planned event. After the martini making class, we had the cocktail hour, at which time hors deouvres were served and there was a silent auction. Then a very nice dinner was served with plenty of wine flowing. It should come as no surprise that Cindy and I had an interesting time making our way back to our little teepee in the pitch black of the night. I was really glad we were not assigned to the tree-houses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I had to look again, because I couldn't believe I didn't seen those fawns...

And I still can't see them! Is this kind of like playing, where's Waldo?