Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bleakness on the bluff

Today Kevin and I went for a ride up in the Greenbluff area in North Spokane. The clouds were fairly ominous, but it wasn't too cold. There was a fairly warm breeze that created an odd mood for the day. A strange feeling: not bad... just different.

Today I feel extremely blessed to have three really great kids. I have a good relationship with each of them, and I have had a truly nice mother's day. I loved them when they were small, and even when they were ridiculous teenagers. But I really enjoy them now that they are grown and people in their own right. I remember when I turned 18 and my dad took me out to dinner just the two of us. He told me he had waited my whole life for just that moment when he and I could talk like adults. I think now I understand what he meant.

1 comment:

Brancy said...

Great shot! I was real close to going to the Bluff myself Sunday, but when I saw the clouds I opted for a local breakfast and a movie. Plus my starter has acted up a time or two and I have been staying local until I turn it in in a few weeks. Were the fruit trees all in bloom already? Or have they already leafed out? I usually always get up there for at least a few shots in Spring and was planning on it next weekend with our big sunny weekend predictions, but I may have missed the buds!