Friday, May 2, 2008

Could it be real?

Today is sunny and in the high 60s. It sure feels like it could finally be spring. We are all holding our breath.

And TGIF! I got up this morning thinking it was Thursday again. What a nice surprise to find out it was, in fact, Friday. There may be a bike ride in store for us this afternoon. Perfect biking weather... not too hot, but not cold enough to freeze your fingers in the breeze.

My friends and I love to bike all summer long. Two years ago, Gail and I went everywhere, biking from Post Falls into Coeur d'Alene where we would have breakfast downtown before returning home. Then we'd start at the falls in Post Falls and bike along the trail into Washington. We took our bikes on several excursions, one along the Trail of the Coeur d'alenes up by Rose Lake. That was gorgeous.

This last year, we added Amy to our little bike trips, and would go into Spokane to the Liberty Lake Farmers Market on Saturday mornings. Once we drove to the Farmers Market before they opened, biked into the valley past Mirabeau Park and back, then shopped before driving home.

This year, we are planning more exciting bike trips. But definitely every Saturday morning for the Farmers Market. This year I will have to get some photographs of the colorful fresh fruits and vegetables in the market. On a sunny day, there is no place better to be (unless you are in like, Bali or somewhere... maybe Ireland). The big ride this year, though, will be through the train tunnels on the Hiawatha trail up near Wallace. It is supposed to be an incredible trip through tunnels and over trellises of railways past. (www.skilookout.com/hiaw/)

When I ride a bike, I feel just like a kid on a swing set with the breeze blowing through my hair. I just love to ride fast, and feel free.

1 comment:

Brancy said...

I so agree with you, I love riding my bike, definitely takes you back to being a kid and a great way to see the sights. I have seen most of the "Rails to Trails" and it's the most perfect way to get shots of the area.