Friday, May 9, 2008

Storm clouds on the horizon


The Rathdrum Prairie should be called Big Sky Prairie... you can see exactly what kind of weather is heading our way, or north, south, wherever. I am pleased that we did not get snow last night, but temperatures dropped to about 22°. Fortunately, our backyard is in a little micro-climate, and the more tender plants I have outside were not affected by those temperatures. Thank you weather gods. I am glad I didn't plant any others yet... maybe next weekend.

Maegan headed out with the NIC group, Outdoor Pursuits, for a surfing adventure on the Oregon Coast. They left at midnight, and will be renting wetsuits and trying to hang ten without freezing. She is such an adventurer wanna-be. I am guessing that as soon as she gets cold, she will put herself in charge of tending the campfire. I hope she is warm enough tonight. She is sleeping in a tent. She will be home Sunday night, and I will be glad to see her.

1 comment:

Barwalt said...

The Rathdrum prairie is a great place to shoot the clouds and such. I have a favorite spot under a tree in the middle of a farmer's (one of the last ones) field and from that vantage point, can still look in all in directions and not see any buildings...after the wheat has grown...if I sit on the ground. :D