Friday, May 30, 2008

Birthdays and tattoos

I am so happy to report that my camera is back and in good working order, and just in time for my daughter's 18th birthday. We went to downtown Spokane and had dinner at her favorite restaurant, Ye Old Spaghetti Factory. It was fun, the crew sang happy birthday to her as she sat there utterly embarrassed. We helped sing, which added to her discomfort, and all-in-all it was a good birthday dinner. I cannot believe she is 18, and she is my youngest. All my kids are growing up... a mixed blessing.

Maegan's birthday present to herself was a small tattoo on her back. She is very excited. My mother called today hoping to talk her out of it, but too late... it only took 6 minutes for a lifetime design. I must say, it is a cute little tattoo, and it is little so really no big deal, except to her... she thinks it is a big deal. She has inherited my ability to get excited about the most minute things.

But the greatest blessing of the day is my camera! It turns out it had a screw loose, which of course caused me to have a screw loose, which I have no doubt caused a few other random loose screws among people who know and love (or atleast put up with) me. So, of course, I have been out just clicking away at everything that will hold still, and some things that won't. I am not planning on posting it all here to make up for lost time, but suffice it to say, you will be seeing a lot in the next few days, weeks, maybe longer. I told Kevin tonight, "man it feels good to have this in my hands again!"

2 comments:

Brancy said...

Congrats on your youngest becoming an official "grown up" and for getting your camera back! Bet you are going to be out and about this weekend!!! Have fun shooting!

alicat said...

Yes, I have already started!!!!