Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring, Birds, and Cats

Today I buried a small bird out back by the flowers. Last night, our cat decided to bring this poor bird in the house to have a little snack. By the time we realized what he was doing, the poor bird was too far gone to try to revive, so I wrapped him up in newspaper and laid him outside under a tree to die. Both Maegan and I felt really bad. I know death is part of life, but it doesn't make it any less sad.

I have saved you all by resisting the temptation to photograph it's little body and post it here, so I decided to feature the blossoms it was beneath as it died.

The cat, however, does not seem to show any remorse.

So, along with the spring I have been anxiously waiting for came the birds who sing to me all day long. I would like to post a warning for them "beware of the cat" in my garden where they hang out. "He may be lurking in the grass."

1 comment:

Brancy said...

Yeah, I had a cat that did that, a lot! I finally put a bell on her collar and that put an end to the "gifts". Well, looks like the bird had a nice "resting place" anyway.