Sunday, June 1, 2008

Spring Celebration



The sweet woodruff is taking over around the pond. I love the pretty white flowers profusely blooming. It is pretty aggressive though, and seems to be squeezing everything else out. I am not sure I care though. It is pretty low maintenance, and my gardening attention is focused in the back yard.

I cleaned the pond this week. the fish are SOOO happy. So is the cat... he can see them better, and he perches on the edge just smackin' his lips waiting for them to get close. Fortunately they are pretty savvy and disappear under the rock when he is around.

We have found several dead birds around the yard. That is the one thing about cats that we could easily live without. I love the birds singing to us in the morning... my favorite part of spring.

This morning instead of birds, was my other favorite sound, and that was the rain tickling our sky lights above our bed. Nothing, I think, can rock me to sleep faster than that soothing sound. And there is just nothing like a warm spring rain. I love to breathe in that sweet fresh smell mixed with the scent of lilacs and golden chain. It is a gorgeous time of year. 

My son, Byron, comes home tomorrow. I can't wait! Maegan graduates, my whole little family is together, we get to share it with our other family and our friends. Life is good.

No comments: