Sunday, July 13, 2008

The All-American Family

I say that with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my family... even with the couple of warts we have. But the warts are what make us unique and special. We were missing Ernie, Kevin, Don, Conor and Byron.  

My brother, Charlie and his family drove up from Richmond to spend the day with us. My mom drove down from Philadelphia, too. I couldn't have asked for a better day... I couldn't ask for a better family.

We gathered at my brother Lance's house in Haymarket, Virginia to just hang out. They have quite a large lot with plenty for the kids to do (and get in trouble with). 

I, of course, couldn't resist the photo opps all day.

It was so hot and humid... the pond and rope swing provided a great deal of relief.


Maegan has had so much fun, she is staying for another month. I traded her for my sister' son, Charlie who is heading back to Idaho with me today.

No comments: