Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hello backyard!!!!!

Yesterday we bid farewell to the boat. Everyone misses it... our neighbors behind us came over to see what we were doing. They said they liked the boat... it made them feel as if they were at the beach.

But what we gained having the boat gone is tremendous. We were ready when tweedle dum and tweedle dee left with the boat teetering on their homemade trailer. Why did they have a homemade trailer? Because after the Tuesday fiasco, no other company would come and take the boat. We thought we would hear about it on the evening news, but nothing.

Anyway, we were ready, and jumped right into what needed to be done. The transformation began at about 4:30 yesterday afternoon, and we had it all cleaned up with the raised bed garden formed up. This morning we got up, hauled the junk to the dump, and laid down some sod. Man it looks good back there!

I will have my posting for last Thursday when MaryLou and Jim bring me the photos. I forgot my camera when we went to Pritchard, and had to borrow theirs. I guess they couldn't figure out how to email the photos, so I (and you) will just have to wait.

Meanwhile, I have to go prepare for the arrival of Jimmy Buffett, and all our guests. It is going to be a happenin' evening here!

1 comment:

Canyonwren said...

Thank you so much for letting us join you at your party! The food was amazing. The backyard looks wonderful and I didn't even miss the old boat.

Glad that your blogging! If you want to publish it some day visit www.blub.com

Take care! Deano