Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The East meets the West

My nephew, Charlie, is in town. He is discovering how nice it is here without humidity, and how cold our rivers are. He and Conor have been challenging each other every night on the Wii, and today they went to Silverwood where Conor won himself a large remote-control truck that is also a speaker for the iPod. I wonder who thought of that invention. It reminds me of the interesting items for sale in the Sky Mall magazine which I am pretty sure Charlie and I memorized on our trip from Virginia.

It has been an interesting day. The boat is still in the back yard. I hope the guy who is buying it isn't reading this... but after NOT getting it out of the backyard, and destroying our fence in the process, I had to calm Kevin down with the thought that we couldn't have expected him to be that bright... he is taking the boat after all. 

So, our big backyard beach party looks like it will have a boat for the proper ambience once again, unless the brilliant boat man figures out another plan.

Okay... on to happier things. I beat everyone tonight in Yahtzee.

3 comments:

Brancy said...

All's well that ends well...somebody said! Well I blame myself entirely if the boat is still there for the party, because I just thought it would be so cool for it! If it is, how about stringing Christmas lights all over it! It would be like being at the boat parade in Huntington Beach!!

alicat said...

Now that is a great idea! I can pull out our lights from the garage and at the very least make it stand out and look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Okay...I have heard stories and seen pictures of this boat. Ali, perhaps the word choice "gorgeous" is alittle 'overboard' (pun intended!!)

Have a wonderful party...I so wish that I could be there!!!
Beth