Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It was a dark and stormy afternoon...

Hauser Lake is a pretty little lake just west of Post Falls. Yesterday as the storm clouds were rolling in, Nancy and I went on a little drive around the lake. She drove while I shot photos. I love the dark sky and the somber feeling a storm brings. It is romantic, and introspective.


This little canal and the north end of the lake seems like a great place to go exploring on a canoe. I have always loved finding little places to closely inspect. It looks a little like a place you might find in the everglades, sans alligators.

The seasons this year certainly have been unusual. It feels like fall already. I am pretty sure this is short-lived, and we will get the rest of our summer, but it is already reminding me that our season is drawing to a close... an unwelcome reminder that our summer will probably be short.

GOOD NEWS: My garden now has soil in it, and I am going to plant some seeds that might actually produce some food this season: collard greens, lettuce, and spinach. I will be looking for some edible flower starts to plant... I should be able to find some pansies and nasturtiums... maybe some flowering kale.

3 comments:

Barwalt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Those turned out great! Did you notice how the sky cleared up after I went home! @^@! And this morning it is classic storm clouds with sun and I left my camera home...what an idgit I am!

Nancy

alicat said...

I am pretty happy with most of the photos I got yesterday. Thanks so much for the field trip! Next time, I will drive.