Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Twins

Can't you see the resemblance?

We are two Virginia girls. And when we get together, it is all about us. Just wait til my mom gets here! Then we will be a force to be reckoned with.

And just a note about Virginia: There is a smell here, a fresh spicy scent that I can't identify, but it is comforting and feels so much like home.

My sister lives in the neighborhood we grew up in. In fact, I used to ride my horse through her backyard when I was about 14. The house she is in is temporary while they convert their old dream home into their new dream home. One of my friends grew up that house. We used to play in the backyard that my nephews and nieces play in now.

The house is gutted, but full of promise: a modern version of itself, but retaining the ambiance of yesterday. The contractor says they will be in it by Christmas. That will be cool! I better plan my return trip.



No comments: