Thursday, July 10, 2008

And the winner is...

The best thing about being an aunt is doting on my nieces and nephews.

My sister's kids are on the same swim team that we were on as kids. I can't tell you how fun it was to be there today watching the CCF Penguins and their annual "Lip Sync" event where they competed in full costume singing hilarious songs.

Chloe was awarded an official team towel for swimmer-of-the-week, a coveted award. The coach said "whenever I see her, it brings a smile to my face... and then she rolls her eyes." 

Hugh got a trophy for not merely playing the bit part he was supposed to play (because "bit part" is not in his vocabulary). The two girls who just wanted his assistance by letting them throw their boas around his neck ended up having a dance partner for the rest of their song. In my opinion, he was the hit of their act and a good part of the reason they won.

I took 209 photos tonight. About 4 of them were good. Sigh...

No comments: