Friday, June 20, 2008

The Butterfly

I can tell I am feeling better. I was sitting outside soaking up the warmth of the day, when I saw this butterfly dancing around my lilacs. It took me a minute of purely enjoying her movements, when suddenly I realized I needed my camera to capture her. Fortunately, she stayed to pose for me for about 5 seconds, then danced her way to another yard. This has been the first time I have even looked at my camera since Tuesday... a good sign that health is on its way back.

Kevin and I have created several of these vantage points around our home to sit and quietly observe. It is my favorite thing that we have done in and around this house. We have a great front porch that is partially covered by a beautiful maple tree, our patio with the man-kitchen, the pond in the front yard, and the little porch off our bedroom door. In the evening, we turn the landscape lighting on in our raised bed garden. I am working on getting a photo that captures how pleasant this looks, but nighttime photos are still a mystery to me. Soon...

No comments: