Thursday, June 5, 2008

My daughter, the graduate

All of my children have graduated from high school and are over 18. I just do not feel old enough for this to be true! I still feel like I am in my twenties. Is this normal? I like to refer to myself as Peter Pan (remember that Peter Pan was always played by women).

And my baby will be leaving me in August, just in time for my 49th birthday... "Happy birthday mom. Here I go!" And I will take that with mixed feeling, a bitter-sweet birthday present.

But I am happy today. I always feel good when all three of the kids are in their own beds. And with Byron visiting from Boise and Conor moving home, I have my good feelings boiling over.

Orange and black balloons are all that remain of our celebration last night for Maegan and her fellow 2008 classmates. She requested that I not be posted behind my camera all night, so I have no photos to jog my memory, but I don't think I need them. Her smile will always remain with me. She is so stinkin' excited... about graduating, being 18, and going away to college. And I am so excited for her. What a great time. She and her classmates are going to make some changes I think. I am proud of them all.

1 comment:

Brancy said...

That sure was an exciting graduation, also a great speech by the Validictorian as well. I did get some shots of the crowd, including the cap toppers, and all the silly string madness, so I can pick out a few of the better ones and send them if you like.