Friday, June 27, 2008

Lemmings no more

Do you remember reading about lemmings, the little rodent that follows its leader to its death off a cliff, when you were in grade school? (Okay, I hear that is a myth, but that is what I, and many others, think of when they hear about lemmings.) Three years ago, I decided to quit my job and be a non-lemming. Shortly thereafter, Lynne decided to do the same. So the two of us started a little lunch club that we called "Lemmings-no-more" since we were no longer following the leader off the cliff, but were doing our own thing.

It didn't take long for us to invite other non-lemmings (and even a few lemmings... lets face it, we do not discriminate) into our little group. Honestly, it is not a big deal... just a chance to get together and enjoy each other's company, usually on a Friday at lunchtime.

But I love our time together. Today, we met at Gail's gorgeous backyard patio, where she has some lush gardens and a nice waterfall cascading into a little pond. The atmosphere was perfect, not too loud or rushed like some restaurants, and we all decided we should meet at someone's house while the weather is nice just to be outside and avoid the high prices of eating out.

If I die tomorrow, I want to be able to say I spent as much time as I could with the people that mean the most to me. A lot of people mean a lot to me, and if I haven't gotten around to spending enough time with you, I am on my way. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.