Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Flat Stanley comes to visit

My nephew, Hugh, is doing a class project. He sent his classmate, Flat Stanley, to come to visit us here in Idaho. Hugh lives in Fairfax, Virginia and is in the second grade at the elementary school I attended as a child. I love going to visit his school. It is so much smaller now.

Anyway, Flat Stanley has fit right into our little neck of the woods. He enjoyed sitting on the back patio with me yesterday enjoying the spring we have finally gotten. And last night, he and Uncle Kevin played a card game at the dining room table.

Today, we are going to travel around the area a bit. I thought he would enjoy taking photos on a photography field trip with a friend of mine this afternoon. He is tasked with taking a little journal with him back to his class so they know where he has been and what he has been doing.

It has been such a pleasure having him as a visitor. He is quiet and very well behaved. He doesn't eat much, and keeps his little area clean and tidy. The perfect houseguest. (I think he is a little shy).

I am just so happy the weather has cooperated for his visit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are weird girl!! That's why we love ya!!

alicat said...

Thank you very much.

Barwalt said...

I thought he was a real cutie!

alicat said...

And who can argue about a guy you can fold up and put away in your pocket!