Monday, June 9, 2008

Future grape... future vino

The nicest part of all the rain is the effect it is having on the bulk of my yard. Colors are more vibrant than I ever remember.

It seems like just yesterday I was out inspecting the woody grape vine that was just starting to pop little leaf buds. It seems to have burst not only with many leaves, but it has grown about 3 feet of vines already. And there are the little tight clusters of buds that will be marvelously sweet grapes later this summer, and maybe enough to make a little wine.

1 comment:

Brancy said...

My Mom has a whole fence of grapes in her yard, she has quite the green thumb, and those are the best grapes I have ever tasted! Hey, you could have a wine bottling party...how many grapes does it take to fill a bottle of wine anyway?