Sunday, June 8, 2008

Columbine

I remember exactly what I was doing when the young gunmen entered the school at Columbine High School and killed all those people. I was painting the ceiling in the living room, listening to the news. Ironically, we were preparing our house for the arrival of our exchange students from Ireland, one Protestant and one Catholic, as part of a peace program. Now every time I see a Columbine in bloom, I think about that day, and what kind of sense that whole thing didn't make.

I am not sure the world makes any more sense now...
I saw a really good movie yesterday called "The War." It starred Elijah Wood (Frodo from the Lord of the Rings trilogy) and Kevin Costner. Costner played the dad who had been traumatized in the war. It was such an insightful movie. I came into it late, I need to watch it again from start to finish. I want to memorize some of the things Costner's character said. 

And recently a friend emailed me a web site of a brain scientist speaking of her experience with a stroke. More insights into life, and beyond life. I think everyone should at the least listen and contemplate what she has to say. Click here for her video...

No comments: