Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Miss Beth

I told Beth for her birthday I was giving her two things: 1. A sunny day in Idaho (she lives in Florida) and 2. not singing "Happy Birthday" to her. Two things she seemed very appreciative of... one more than the other... you can probably figure out which one.

I love this photo of Beth and her Dad, Steve (who is special to me for many reasons, including that we share a birthday). His is now in a nursing home in Dade City, Florida. We had a nice visit with him in February.

Which brings me to my next little bit of good news: It is sunny in Idaho! Not a cloud in the sky, this day promises what our spring should have been giving us all along. The only downside is that I have a lot of work to do, and it is going to be difficult to do it with the outside beckoning me.

But we have a little bbq planned for later this afternoon with friends in Kevin's man-kitchen. His famous tri-tip will be sending out a pleasant aroma for our neighbors to drool over. Now that he is back to using wood-fired heat with a variety of hard-woods, his tri-tip is better than ever. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm.

No comments: